The Bolton Quality Assurance Scheme (BQAS) is provided from a Clinical Pathology Accreditation (UK) Ltd Point of Care Testing service. The scheme has been in operation since 2007 and is able to draw on a wealth of experience in provision of clinical and diagnostic testing services in hospital and community settings. We pride ourselves on offering an informed, high quality QA service.
Advantages of enrolling with BQAS include:
- One sample, one scheme for HbA1c, cholesterol and HDL-cholesterol testing.
- Distribution of blood rather than serum to ensure a more accurate reflection of analyser and operator performance.
- A web-based results submission and reporting service with traffic light alerts and summary performance reporting for lead co-ordinators.
- Working closely with, but independent of, the leading instrument manufacturers.
- Extensive customer support through instrument tailored guidance, available Monday to Friday, 0900 – 1700 via our help-line and extended email support.
Current tests and machines available on the scheme:
|Afinion®||Cholesterol & HDL-cholesterol|
|CardioChek®||Cholesterol & HDL-cholesterol|
|Cholestech LDX®||Cholesterol & HDL-cholesterol|
|cobas b 101®||Cholesterol & HDL-cholesterol|
|cobas b 101®||HbA1c|